[802SEC] Problem with CSD review rule

Yesterday in IEEE 802.1, we found a problem related to the new rule that the CSD’s be reviewed at various points in the process. It is currently non-trivial to retrieve a copy of the CSD’s as they were when the PAR was approved.

Of course it is possible with research by looking at when the PAR was approved and consulting minutes and other records, but one can’t go directly to it. The PARs under consideration page has links to the pre-circulated CSDs but it isn’t unusual for there to be changes made to those as a result of comments.  At least one can use that find the meeting when the PAR was probably approved and hence which minutes to check to see if there was an update.

It would be better to have a single place one could go to find the approved CSD. Therefore, I’m requesting that going forward we keep a web page with links to approved CSDs. We could  add a link for the CSD as approved to the PARs under consideration page or have a separate page for CSDs of approved PARs.

Regards,

Pat