|Thread Links||Date Links|
|Thread Prev||Thread Next||Thread Index||Date Prev||Date Next||Date Index|
---------- This email is sent from the 802 Executive Committee email reflector. This list is maintained by Listserv.
Dear EC members,
(from Andrew Myles, chair IEEE 802 JTC1 SC)
The organisational structure in ISO/IEC JTC1 is changing to align its operation with ISO
A recent communication from JTC1 states
· Working Groups are comprised of INDIVIDUAL EXPERTS appointed by National Bodies and Liaison Organizations
· These experts MUST be entered into Global Directory to be considered a member of the WG and to receive documents
· National Bodies are responsible for ensuring that their expert appointments are up to date
· Liaison Organizations work via ITTF to maintain their expert members
· If the expert is NOT in Global Directory, he/she will not receive documents and will NOT be considered a member of the WG.
One way of dealing with this change is to empower the SC Chair to appoint IEEE 820 experts to WG1 and WG7 so that they may access the WG1 and WG7 document repositories, with the understanding that anyone who volunteers will be appointed
The following motion was approved (9,0,0) in the IEEE 802 JTC1 SC and needs to be ratified by IEEE 802 EC
The IEEE 802 JTC1 SC recommends to the IEEE 802 EC that the Chair of the IEEE 802 JTC1 SC be empowered to submit the names to ITTF of any IEEE 802 members who volunteer as “experts” to the appropriate Working Group lists in ISO/IEC JTC1
I have been authorized by Paul Nikolich to conduct this ballot.
The ballot will be conducted as defined in OM Clause "4.1.2 Voting rules"
I am announcing the possibility of an 'early close' to the ballot.
Authorize the Chair of the IEEE 802 JTC1 SC to submit the names to ITTF of any IEEE 802 members who volunteer as “experts” to the appropriate Working Group lists in ISO/IEC JTC1.
Moved: Adrian Stephens
Seconded: Jon Rosdahl
Start of Ballot Fri 2014-05-16
Close of Ballot Mon 2014-05-26 (11:59pm AoE)
Adrian P STEPHENS
Office: +44 (1793) 404 825
Mobile: +44 (7920) 084900
USA Mobile: +1 (408) 239 7485
Intel Corporation (UK) Limited
Registered No. 1134945 (England)
Registered Office: Pipers Way, Swindon SN3 1RJ
VAT No: 860 2173 47