From: ***** IEEE 802 Executive Committee List ***** [mailto:STDS-802-SEC@ieee.org] On Behalf Of James P. K. Gilb
Sent: Thursday, May 22, 2014 4:53 PM
To: STDS-802-SEC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
Subject: [802SEC] Response from AudCom on our P&P submission.

All

I have prepared a response to comments on the P&P we submitted for
AudCom approval (posted on mentor as:
https://mentor.ieee.org/802-ec/dcn/14/ec-14-0031-00-00EC-response-to-audcom-comments-on-p-p.doc)

The listed 3 unacceptable changes and 1 editorial change.

The 3 changes that were marked unacceptable are in clauses that may be
modified and the text is unchanged from our P&P which was approved by
SASB on 05 December, 2012.  My suggested response is that we do not make
the changes requested and I have provided justification for why we want
the text the way it is.

The 1 editorial changes (a mis-numbered subclause) will be fixed when
the P&P is re-submitted.

Also, we approved a change that did not make it into the version that I
submitted to AudCom.  That change was to add "Members Emeritus are
appointed by the Sponsor Chair and are confirmed by the Sponsor."  I
will add this in the P&P that is re-submitted.

I will be in Piscataway for the AudCom meeting, so I can present our
position, if necessary.

I have attached AudCom's comments and my proposed response to this email.

John and Jon: Please add a 5 minutes for me on the conference call to
discuss this.

James Gilb