This email is sent from the 802 Executive Committee email reflector. This list is maintained by Listserv.
The current list of agenda items for the September meeting are:
- Relations and cooperation with other SDOs including high-level discussions in the political layers
- discuss how we each handle this and how it could be improved
- Local address management in IoT environment
- since IoT can greatly expand the number of devices, it may be desirable to provide a way for them to lease local addresses instead of burning global addresses
- also there are pervasive monitoring issues with global addresses - discuss the secutity implications with IETF
- L2/L3 QoS mechanisms awareness
there is not much connection between L2 QoS and L3 QoS. 802.1 has been creating a lot of new QoS mechanisms and there hasn't been a lot of awareness the work is happening - discuss how to better coordinate QoS work between the two groups and the two layers.
- Protection against pervasive monitoring
- discuss how the two groups can work together on this.