From: Holcomb, Jay [mailto:Jay.Holcomb@itron.com]
Sent: Tuesday, July 15, 2014 1:07 PM
To: Michael Lynch
Subject: the one PAR/CSD with 802.18 inputs

hi Mike,

it was just the 802.22 PAR we had some suggestions:

  1. For the 802.22.3 PAR:
  1. For the PAR:  We suggest to delete the phrase “creation of low cost sensors for”.  in the following line.  Low cost would be vendor sensitive.
  1. From: “5.5 Need for the Project: This project will enable creation of low cost sensors for improved spectrum utilization and other shared spectrum applications.”
  2. To: “5.5 Need for the Project: This project will enable improved spectrum utilization and other shared spectrum applications.”

  1. For the CSD we have a couple of suggestions:
  1. In 1.2.3 a)
  1. b. IEEE P1900.6a, should not have the ‘P’,  should say “ b. IEEE 1900.6a…
  2. Also further down in paragraph 3, the same.
  1. “… emerging P1900.6a Standard.”
  2. should read:  “… emerging 1900.6a Standard.”

  1. In 1.2.4 a) we suggest the term “Companies” be changed to “Organizations” when referring to NICT, ETRI, etc.

  1. Also in 1.2.4.a) the paragraph starting with:
  1. “Systems simiar to the proposed SOS has been…”
  2. should read: “Systems similar to the proposed SOS have been…”

  1. In 1.2.5 a), the first line should remove ‘low cost’ to be consistent with comment above.
  1. From: “This standard aims at creating economies of scale through uniform and consistent operation of low cost spectrum sensors.”
  2. To: “This standard aims at creating economies of scale through uniform and consistent operation of spectrum sensors.”

Regards,
Jay Holcomb