Re: [802SEC] +++ 10-day EC Email Ballot +++ Confirmation of Meeting Fees for January 2015 Interim meeting

I vote approve.

However, I want this vote to be properly interpreted.  I support keeping the fees the same only because everyone recognizes we need to rebuild the treasury.   That is a legitimate rationale.  However, I DO NOT SUPPORT, holding a social, and frankly find it in contradiction with the rationale of rebuilding the treasury.  It is an interim – so I do not believe members have an expectation that there will be a social.

From: owner-stds-802-sec@ieee.org [mailto:owner-stds-802-sec@ieee.org] On Behalf Of Jon Rosdahl
Sent: Friday, October 10, 2014 8:50 AM
To: STDS-802-SEC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
Subject: [802SEC] +++ 10-day EC Email Ballot +++ Confirmation of Meeting Fees for January 2015 Interim meeting

Dear EC members,

Paul has delegated the conduct of the EC electronic ballot on the following motion to me. To ensure the ability to open the registration of the 802 hosted 2015 January Interim Session as soon as practical I'm announcing the possibility of an 'early close' to this ballot (see below).

Best regards,
Jon

Whereas:
========

   During the October 2014 802 Interim Telecon, it was determined that a majority on the call preferred to keep the meeting fee for the 802 Hosted 2015 January Interim the same as other 802 sponsored sessions ( 6 - no change; 4 - reduce $100; 4 not present).  Paul asked that a 10-day Ballot (with early close) be issued to confirm the will of the 802 Executive Committee to use the nominal meeting fee used currently for 802 hosted sessions.  Registration Fees have been set by motion by the 802 EC with the intent to cover the costs of sessions over a long period of time.  Effort to limit costs for individual meetings are done to attempt to match the income over several years.

Motion
======

The EC affirms that the meeting fee to use for the 802 Hosted January 2015 Interim Session be set at the current defined rates of 800/900/1100 (500/600/800 discounted rates).

Move:   Jon Rosdahl
Second: Clint Chaplin

Start of ballot: Friday 10 October 2014
Close of ballot: Monday 20 October 2014 23:59 AOE

Early close: As required in subclause 4.1.2 'Voting rules' of the IEEE 802 LAN/MAN Standards Committee (LMSC) Operations Manual, this is notice that, to ensure the release is provided in a timely manner, this ballot may close early once sufficient responses are received to clearly decide a matter.

Jon Rosdahl                    Senior Standards Architect
hm:801-756-1496             CSR Technologies Inc.
cell:801-376-6435            10871 North 5750 West
office: 801-492-4023         Highland, UT 84003

A Job is only necessary to eat!
A Family is necessary to be happy!!