Re: [802SEC] Maximizing Tutorial time on Monday and Tuesday during Plenary Sessions

Juan Carlos,

WGs are not supposed to be meeting during the tutorial sessions now.  That is the whole point of this thread.  If groups were meeting, they must have been running late.

John

From: owner-stds-802-sec@ieee.org [mailto:owner-stds-802-sec@ieee.org] On Behalf Of Zuniga, Juan Carlos
Sent: Tuesday, October 28, 2014 3:48 PM
To: STDS-802-SEC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
Subject: Re: [802SEC] Maximizing Tutorial time on Monday and Tuesday during Plenary Sessions

Dear all,

FWIW, during and after the July Privacy Tutorial there were multiple complaints to me and the other presenters about having scheduled a Tutorial of broad interest during a time that conflicted with some WG agendas. Every time we explained that it was not in our control to handle such a collision, but I see it as a proof that it would be best to avoid overlaps as not all people shared the same views/priorities when the agendas were planned.

Regarding the maximization of meeting time, I believe that adding extra time to the meetings would be just a slight improvement. However, making use of email reflectors would allow making a much better use of the very long inter-meeting times. For instance, people that have the intention to present should be encouraged to announce/introduce their presentations in advance, so that the group does not need to spend too much time at the meeting discussing the topic. This could dramatically reduce the presentation time at the F2F meeting and allow a much better use of the F2F time for critical things. A lot of the discussion can take place over email and in advance of the meeting.

Regards,

Juan Carlos