[802SEC] Response to comments received on the 802.15.7a PAR and CSD

All-

Attached is The only practical approach for dealing with the comments received regarding the inconsistencies between the proposed amendment and the base standard was to reclassify the project as a revision which allows us to update the title and base standard scope.  We have removed the limitation of visible light from the title and the scope, defined the expanded wavelengths of operation, and added optical communications for cameras as an additional capability.  We also updated the purpose, the need, and the stakeholders in the PAR and updated the CSD to be consistent with the comments received and the reclassification of the project as a revision rather than as an amendment.

Please let me know if you have any questions

Regards

Bob

Bob Heile, Ph.D
Chairman Emeritus & Chief Technologist, ZigBee Alliance
Chair, IEEE 802.15 Working Group on Wireless Personal Area Networks
Co-Chair IEEE P2030 Task Force 3 on Smartgrid Communications
Chair IEEE 2030.5 Working Group for Smart Energy Profile 2
11 Robert Toner Blvd, Suite 5-301
North Attleboro, MA  02763   USA
Mobile: +1-781-929-4832
email:   bheile@ieee.org