Re: [802SEC] Draft Press Release for Editorial Review

Hello Steve,

The issue I have with this is that the purpose of an 802 WG’s Study Group is to create a PAR (and CSD).   This is not a study group for that purpose,  but for a bunch of other admirable purposes.

It is reasonable for a WG’s Study Group to be able to write a PAR and CSD in 6 months,  and the IEEE-SA rules mention that figure.   I’m not sure it is reasonable for the group this proposes to be limited the same way. The obvious rejoinder is that I was there and voted to approve the study group, so I should have said my piece then.  Nevertheless,  I believe we should discuss at the next EC meeting the purpose of this group and determine whether it fits within the definition of a WG’s study group,  or needs to be called (and follow the rules for) something else.

Best Regards,

Adrian P STEPHENS

Tel: +44 (1793) 404825 (office)
Tel: +44 (7920) 084 900 (mobile,  UK)