Re: [802SEC] Draft Press Release for Editorial Review

Adrian,

               Copying Hyunduk (SG Chair).

               As you may recall from the San Antonio meeting I mentioned that the scope of this SG is to determine if a standard could lead to improved coexistence and if so to write a PAR and CSD.  The scope is listed in this document, https://mentor.ieee.org/802.19/dcn/14/19-14-0084-01-0CUB-decision-on-sg-formation.ppt

               Thanks to Ben for pointing out some key points.

               The “study” part may not be completed by the March meeting, but should definitely be completed by the July meeting.  If the decision is that a standard would be beneficial then a PAR and CSD will be submitted before the July meeting.  If the decision is that a standard would not be beneficial, then a PAR and CSD will not be submitted.

               It is my understanding, that it is good that this is a Study Group since we want these types of activities to be duly approved activities.  So I think formation of the study group was appropriate.

Regards,

Steve