Re: [802SEC] Confusion regarding document 18-15/0016

Hello all,

I'd be happy to approve a motion here because I support the contents
as a compromise that would (I expect) be accepted by 75% of WG11 voters.

However,  the process that got us here is,  IMHO,  flawed.
We only had a procedural vote in 802.11,  and then only in WG.
The "technical" work of adjusting the contents to reach consensus
took place in 802.18 - at least 2 steps removed from the folks who did
the work.

I have already learned a couple of useful lessons from this,  and will
try hard not to repeat this exercise.   Should this motion be defeated,
I will encourage a more "regular" approach of getting the guys who
contributed to the report modify it to achieve consensus,  and if they
cannot do so, letting the matter drop.

Best Regards,

Adrian P STEPHENS

Tel: +44 (1793) 404825 (office)
Tel: +1 (971) 330 6025 (mobile) ⇐ please note new number

Intel Corporation (UK) Limited
Registered No. 1134945 (England)