Re: [802SEC] Suggested additional wording for response to FCC 15-47

I do not think Roger's addition addresses Apurva's concern, which is that the message lacks a positive suggestion.   The points raised by Rich and others, while based in 802.11 experience, impact the application of all 802 wireless technologies that meet the definition of broadband used  in the proceeding.  Roger's addition may be interpreted to suggest only 802.11 is affected by the uncertainty. Rich's example of how uncertainty surrounding TVWS applies equally to other 802 wireless standards dependent on the TVWS rules.

I would advocate rewording so it is clear the concerns from 802 are not uniquely 802.11 WG's concerns. I agree with Apurva that a more positive message would be better, but have not seen any specific recommendations circulated.   Perhaps our RTAG has documented some, otherwise it seems appropriate to respond now with the general concerns and take up the task of generating more specific recommendations in the RRTAG and 15/11 Regulatory SC at the earliest opportunity.

Just a suggestion from an interested observer.

Regards

Ben
--

Benjamin A. Rolfe