Re: [802SEC] Headers for email EC ballots

That is even better, but I’d prefer 3 + signs – those are what catch my eye.

+++ ECM: <subject>

From: ***** IEEE 802 Executive Committee List ***** [mailto:STDS-802-SEC@ieee.org] On Behalf Of Stephens, Adrian P
Sent: Tuesday, June 16, 2015 3:59 AM
To: STDS-802-SEC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
Subject: Re: [802SEC] Headers for email EC ballots

There’s still a lot of redundancy:

How about “[802SEC] ++ ECM: <subject>”

Best Regards,

Adrian P STEPHENS

Tel: +44 (1793) 404825 (office)
Tel: +1 (971) 330 6025 (mobile)
ç please note new number

Intel Corporation (UK) Limited
Registered No. 1134945 (England)
VAT No: 860 2173 47

From: ***** IEEE 802 Executive Committee List ***** [mailto:STDS-802-SEC@ieee.org] On Behalf Of Bob Heile
Sent: Tuesday, June 16, 2015 5:02 AM
To: STDS-802-SEC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG

I will second that.

At 02:57 PM 6/15/2015 -0700, James P. K. Gilb wrote:

Pat

That sounds like a great suggestion.

James Gilb

On 06/15/2015 02:31 PM, Pat (Patricia) Thaler wrote:

Dear Colleagues,

It is good to use a consistent distinctive subject line header on EC Email ballots to catch the eye, but our current header is so long that the topic of the ballot isn't visible. Often what appears is something like:
RE: [802SEC] +++ 10-day EC Email Ballot +++ EC motion o...
Even less in the Inbox on a phone.

10 day is the usual duration and most motions are early close and close before then so that doesn't need to be in the header. EC motion is redundant with EC Email Ballot.

Can we shorten it to:
+++ EC Ballot +++ <motion subject>
Which after the reflector adds its bit will be
RE: [802SEC] +++ EC Ballot +++ <motion subject>
?

Regards,
Pat

----------
This email is sent from the 802 Executive Committee email reflector.  This list is maintained by Listserv.

----------
This email is sent from the 802 Executive Committee email reflector.  This list is maintained by Listserv.

Bob Heile, Ph.D

Director of Standards, Wi-SUN Alliance
Chair, IEEE 802.15 Working Group on Wireless Specialty Networks
Chair IEEE 2030.5 Working Group for Smart Energy Profile 2
Co-Chair IEEE P2030 Task Force 3 on Smartgrid Communications

11 Robert Toner Blvd, Suite 5-301
North Attleboro, MA  02763   USA
Mobile: +1-781-929-4832
email:   bheile@ieee.org