[802SEC] Get IEEE 802 Program Renewal Status

Colleagues,

Paul has asked me to lead EC activity regarding renewal of the Get IEEE 802 Program.

In that regard, I have posted a presentation on "Get IEEE 802 Program Renewal Status" as 802-ec-15-0049-01. I plan to present this during the Opening EC Meeting of 13 July. (In the agenda Rev. 3, this is agenda item 5.145; John, let's change the name of the item to "
Get IEEE 802 Program Renewal Status" to better distinguish it from 5.42.)

The presentation explains the background of the discussions I've had with Adam Newman of IEEE, and it notes that he has today provided us with a draft renewal proposal. The public portion of that proposal is now posted as
802-ec-15-0048-00. That public document also refers to a "confidential addendum," which Adam has authorized me to distribute to EC members. EC members who would like to have a copy: please email me. Adam also plans to provide additional confidential material.

Please understand that the draft renewal proposal is IEEE's proposal. I have not attempted to negotiate the content of the agreement to this point; I have concentrated on getting a proposal for us to discuss in a form that separates and minimizes the confidential information.

Following discussions with Paul and Adam, I would like to schedule the following Executive Session meetings next week:

    802 EC Executive Session to review Get IEEE 802 proposal
    Wed 15 July 2015, 3-4 pm

    802 EC Executive Session to review Get IEEE 802 proposal with IEEE Staff
    Thu 16 July 2015, 3-4 pm

Regards,

Roger