[802SEC] P802.15.3 PAR

Bob:

I was involved in submittal of the 802.3 comment on 15.3 RAC review.  The RAC is a mandatory coordination for any IEEE standard.  The PAR submitter does not get to choose if the RAC will review their proposed standard.

I hope you are aware, but recognize that your membership might not be aware, that RAC review can be caused by checking the 6.1.b box, by the MEC reviewer finding content justifying RAC review or by request of the RAC.  I’m sending this note to indicate support for that 802.3 comment.

If you haven’t yet made the change, please answer YES rather than NO to 6.1.b.  If it isn’t done, I will ask the RAC administrator to add the project to the list for which the RAC requests review.

It is better to get RAC review shown on the PAR rather than RAC comments showing up with much less notice at Sponsor ballot time.

Bob Grow
Chair, IEEE Registration Authority Committee