[802SEC] Motion for Student paper competition.

All

If possible, and time permitting, I would like to bring forward the following motion for the student paper competition:

Moved that the IEEE 802 EC approves the expenditure of up to $3000 for prizes, meeting fee waivers, hotel room comp and travel stipends as outlined in ec-15-0060-02-00EC for an IEEE 802 Student Paper competition to be held in early 2016 with awards and presentations at the July 2016 Plenary meeting in San Diego, CA.

Moved: Gilb
Second: Godfrey

Background:
Prize money total: $1750 (3 prizes)
Travel stipend total: $1500 (3 stipends)
Meeting fee waiver: $500 (up to 10, estimate of cost to treasury)
Hotel room comp: $1200 (2 night for 3 winners, ~$200/night).
Total expenditure: $4950
Promised by IEEE: $2000

802 commitment: $2950

We are also seeking an additional industry title sponsor at a $1000 level.

I appreciate any suggestions regarding wording or the contest itself.

James Gilb