From: owner-stds-802-sec@ieee.org [mailto:owner-stds-802-sec@ieee.org] On Behalf Of paul.nikolich
Sent: Tuesday, November 10, 2015 10:35 AM
To: 802 EC <STDS-802-SEC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG>
Cc: Pat Thaler <pthaler@broadcom.com>; paul nikolich <paul.nikolich@ATT.NET>
Subject: [802SEC] 802's Regulatory Mission Statement

Dear All,

At this morning's meeting to discuss the merits of the formation of a radio regulatory standing committee, it was agreed before we begin that discussion, the developing an 802 regulatory  mission statement is a necessary first step.

After some discussion, the following draft text was proposed as a draft mission statement that appeared to have general consensus among those present.  Please share this with your groups and provide feedback to Pat Thaler via the EC reflector before her next meeting on this subject 5pm Wednesday 11 Nov. In Pryor Crocket.

Draft 802 LMSC regulatory mission:

1) respond to regulatory body requests

1.1) develop common 802 positions where possible

1.2) accommodate differences among 802 working groups

1.3) rapid response capability to ensure deadlines are met

2) be proactive

2.1) develop and publish positions based on the 802 communities needs

Regards,

--Paul