Re: [802SEC] +++ 10-day EC Email Ballot +++ Approval of Liaison to WFA +++ Early Close

Steve,

I Approve

Mody

At 04:28 PM 1/22/2016 +0000, Shellhammer, Steve wrote:

Dear EC Members,

Paul has delegated the conduct of the EC electronic ballot on the following motion to me.

======

Background

At the January IEEE 802 meeting the attached liaison was approved by a vote of 4/0/0 of the 802.19 voting members and 11/0/0 of everyone in the room.

Since this is a liaison to an external body it requires a 2/3 approval rate, as per section 8.1.1 of the operations manual.

I am declaring an early close (see below).

Regards,

Steve

======

Motion

Approve the attached liaison (document: 19-16-0026-02-0000-draft-wfa-liaison-response) from IEEE 802 to WFA.

Link to Document:

https://mentor.ieee.org/802.19/dcn/16/19-16-0026-02-0000-draft-wfa-liaison-response.doc

Move: Steve Shellhammer

Second: Subir Das

Start of ballot: Friday January 22, 2016

Close of ballot: February 1, 2016 11:59PM AOE

Early close: As required in subclause 4.1.2 'Voting rules' of the IEEE 802 LAN/MAN Standards Committee (LMSC) Operations Manual, this is notice that, to ensure the release is provided in a timely manner, this ballot may close early once sufficient responses are received to clearly decide a matter.

======

Bob Heile, Ph.D

Director of Standards, Wi-SUN Alliance
Chair, IEEE 802.15 Working Group on Wireless Specialty Networks
Chair IEEE 2030.5 Working Group for Smart Energy Profile 2
Co-Chair IEEE P2030 Task Force 3 on Smartgrid Communications

11 Robert Toner Blvd, Suite 5-301
North Attleboro, MA  02763   USA
Mobile: +1-781-929-4832
email:   bheile@ieee.org