[802SEC] TG5/1

Dear EC,

In Atlanta there seemed to be some interest in attending the first TG5/1 which follows immediately after the SG5 block of meetings. The following excerpt from an email sent to US participants in SG5 may be useful for anyone planning to go. Also, as a reminder, anyone planning on attending under the IEEE membership please advise me so that I can register you for the TG5/1 meeting or the SG5 block of meetings that precede it. Likewise for anyone planning on attending the WP5D meeting in Beijing in February.

This information will could also be useful to those attending under their company’s ITU-R membership.

“For those interested in attending the first meeting of Task Group 5/1, it now appears as “confirmed” for May 23 to 25, following the completion of the SG5 Block of meetings (May 9 to 20).

Unfortunately, the dates (May 23 to 25) overlap with the “European Business Aviation Convention & Exhibition” (EBACE), which is one of the largest Business/Private Aviation expos in the world.  It is held annually in Geneva either on the 3rd or 4th Week of May.  It is among the highest conferences hosted in Geneva, besides the Auto Show and the Watch Show.

Hotel availabilities in Geneva during those days will be at a Premium; and many are blocked by the Conference organizers for their clients.  Hotels are not obligated to honor the ITU rate or the USG rate during such periods.

I have already heard from several ITU-R SG5 regular participants that they are unable to find hotels either within the ITU or Per Diem rates, and in the city of Geneva.

One possibility is that if you already have a reservation for the SG5 Block, perhaps the hotel may be willing to extend your existing reservation by the additional days.

Please take due notice of this with respect to your travel plans and hotel reservations for TG 5/1.”

Best regards,

Mike

+1.972.814.4901