[802SEC] report out of FEB 2016 IEEE SA BoG meeting

Dear EC Members,

Last week the IEEE Standards Association Board of Governors met to discuss a wide variety of topics, one of which was the refinement of the Vision/Mission/Goal for the IEEE SA.  In my view, the BoG made substantial improvements in the clarity, conciseness and simplicity of Vision/Mission/Goal wording which are consistent with the values and operations of 802 LMSC.  See standards.ieee.org/about/bog/resolutions.html and I've copied the text below.  If you have questions, Andrew Myles, Glenn Parsons and myself participated in the meeting, we can give you additional detail upon request.  Please feel free to circulate this update to your groups.

Regards,

--Paul

Vision:

Mission:

Goal:

Be a world-class Standards Development Organization

Provide a high quality, market relevant standardization environment, respected world-wide

Provide a globally open, inclusive, and transparent environment for market relevant, voluntary consensus standardization, supported by: