[802SEC] Subgroup review for IEEE 802
Our P&Ps states for "Other subgroups" that "The scope, duties, and
membership of all subgroups shall be reviewed annually by the Sponsor."
It is the intention of the IEEE 802 Sponsor Chair that such a review
should take place during our June conference call.
So, I need from from each Standing Committee Chair or TAG Chair,
slide(s) by June 1, 2015 that answer the following questions:
- Name of the subgroup
- Chair of the subgroup (appointed by the Sponsor Chair or decided by
nomination and election)
- Scope of the subgroup
- Duties of the subgroup
- Membership of the subgroup (you don't have to list the members, the
number and how it is determined is fine.)
- A statement of which of the following complementary activities is
1) The subgroup is responsible for the definitive content of one
or more documents and for responding to views and objections thereon.
Such subgroups shall maintain a membership roster and shall comply with
the provisions for preparing standard(s).
2) The subgroup is responsible for assisting the Sponsor (e.g.,
drafting all or a portion of a document, drafting responses to comments,
drafting public statements on standards, or other purely advisory
(I suspect all our "Other subgroups" are number 2).
An example of this can be found at:
I will create a single presentation and upload it to mentor, if you send
me slides created in the correct format.
The subgroups and Chairs that need to respond are:
- IEEE 802.18 TAG - Rich Kenedy
- IEEE 802.24 TAG - Tim Godfrey
- 802 EC/IETF Standing Committee - Pat Thaler
- 802 JTC1 Standing Committee - Andrew Myles
- 802 EC/ITU Standing Committee - Glenn Parsons
- 802 5G Standing Committee - Glenn Parsons (That will teach you not
to delegate properly)
- Wireless Chairs Standing Committee - Bob Heile (Bob, OTOH, likes
Thanks for your help or lack thereof.
This email is sent from the 802 Executive Committee email reflector. This list is maintained by Listserv.