Thread Links Date Links
Thread Prev Thread Next Thread Index Date Prev Date Next Date Index

[802SEC] July Plenary Preparations


In preparation for the July Plenary – please review the list below, as it applies to you –


1.       All slides in presentations / pages in text documents should include the file name (Mentor document # is preferable) and page number in header or footer.

2.       All WG Chairs are requested to have their opening report to me by Friday, July 22, noon ET.

3.       All standing committee chairs are requested to have their opening report to me by Friday, July 22, noon ET.

4.       Please review the action items listed below and send me email updates on any action items assigned to you.


From June EC Teleconference – (Minutes:


Agenda Item 4.00

·       Action Item A– Stanley to draft policy language for Chair’s Guidelines, regarding submission of documents that will be considered by the EC, including location on Mentor, for consideration at July Plenary.


·       Action Item B – Thompson / Goldberg to work with IEEE-SA Staff to clarify language when a standard is being withdrawn.  Update to be provided at July Plenary.


Agenda Item 5.00

·       Action Item A – Rosdahl / Heile: Bring forward proposal for Nov 2018 SuZhou, China Meeting


·       Action Item B – Rosdahl – arrange discussion regarding unfettered Internet access as a meeting criteria during July “Future Venues Meeting” Thurs 7am meeting


·       Action Item C - For July – Lisa Ronmark (F2F) will be supporting July Plenary remotely.  All correspondence for July Plenary should be copied to Dawn Slykhouse, Darcel Moro, and Lisa.


Agenda Item 5.10

·       Action Item – Nikolich - Waive registration fees for invited guests – Rappatort (NYU), Hailemariam (Student Contest Winner), Kraemer


Agenda Item 8.00

·       Action Item A – Thaler – begin on-line discussions regarding individual’s objectives for enabling remote participation at face-to-face meetings, and hold an ad hoc meeting at July plenary. 


·       Action Item B – Thaler to identify rules topics necessary for holding electronic hybrid face-to-face meetings.  Status update at July meeting.


Agenda Item 8.01

·       Action Item – Thaler propose revisions to current Chair’s Guideline 2.16, at Sunday evening Rules Meeting at July Plenary.


Agenda Item 9.10

·       Action Item A – Godfrey / Law / D’Ambrosia to see if there is interest in 802.3 hearing the winning presentation.


·       Action Item B - Godfrey – confirm arrival / departure times with F2F for Hailemariam (student paper winner) for July Plenary meeting.


·       Action Item C - Godfrey / D’Ambrosia – add link to winning student paper on the IEEE 802 Website.


Agenda Item 9.2

·       Action Item – D’Ambrosia – Create liaison template for 802


Thanks for your attention to these matters.




John D’Ambrosia

Recording Secretary, IEEE 802 LMSC



---------- This email is sent from the 802 Executive Committee email reflector. This list is maintained by Listserv.