Re: [802SEC] Ballot Closed - RE: +++urgent+++10 day ECM+++ Approval of OfCom Improving access to 5GHz band Consultation responses, filing due 22 July, 2016

Geoff:

With respect to the unanswered questions, they were more difficult for this small group to address. The kind of data Ofcom is looking for requires significant marketing resources, and/or projections. For example, Qualcomm undertook an effort to project growth of Wi-Fi use over the next 5-10 years, based on a complex model they developed. This will be in the Wi-Fi Alliance response and the Qualcomm response, so our industry has provided an answer to the Ofcom question.

With our limited time and resources, it was important that we weigh in, even if we did not answer all the questions fully.

Rich Kennedy

Director, Global Spectrum Strategy

HP Enterprise

Board Director, Dynamic Spectrum Alliance

Chair, IEEE 802.18 Radio Regulatory Technical Advisory Group

Chair Emeritus, IEEE 802.11af WLAN in TVWS

Chair, Wi-Fi Alliance Spectrum & Regulatory Task Group

rich.kennedy@hpe.com

(737) 202-7014