From: "Milagros Lovos" <mlovos@computer.org>
To: "Paul Nikolich" <p.nikolich@ieee.org>; jdambrosia@ieee.org; goldberg@ieee.org; "Kathryn Bennett" <k.bennett@ieee.org>; gilb@ieee.org
Sent: 9/28/2016 3:09:14 PM
Subject: IEEE 802 Participant: Final call for the 2017 Hans Karlsson Award - due 15 Oct.

Please disseminate call with your members. We appreciate your support.
====================================

The Hans Karlsson Standards Award

Nomination Deadline for 2017 Nominations: 15 October 2016

Nomination site  |  Review Nomination Questions (pdf) | Promo flyer (pdf)

The award nomination requires a minimum of 3 endorsements.

Established in 1992 in memory of Hans Karlsson, chairman and father of the IEEE 1301 family of standards. A plaque and $2,000 honorarium is presented in recognition of outstanding skills and dedication to diplomacy, team facilitation and joint achievement, in the development or promotion of standards in the computer industry where individual aspirations, corporate competition, and organizational rivalry could otherwise be counter to the benefit of society. Eligibility is limited to present or past participants in IEEE CS Standards activities.

Award site and past recipients: http://www.computer.org/web/awards/karlsson

Open to All - No membership required.

Feel fee to contact me with any questions.

Respectfully,

Milagros (Millie) Lovos
IEEE Computer Society
2001 L Street N.W., Suite 700