Opens on Findings
1. Definition: Special measures: the act of counting the votes of multiple voting members as a single vote.
2. Confirm that the WG & TG special vote is only related to TGax items.
a. A: Confirmed
3. Does this affect the validity of individuals joining a sponsor ballot pool
a. A: No – sponsor ballot pool process is independent
4. Does this apply to WG letter ballots? If a member is subject to special measures during the first WG ballot, and the entity the member is affiliated with subsequently satisfies the exit criteria, is the member subject to special measures in subsequent recirculation ballots?
a. A (part 1): Yes, but only to TGax letter ballots.
b. A (part 2): No
5. Who determines when the exit criteria are met: EC decision or WG officer decision.
a. A: WG officer decision with notification to the EC
6. What evidence is necessary to determine that termination of a SIG has taken place?
a. A: A public declaration from a duly authorized individual of each entity identified below as a member of the SIG
7. Or, what evidence is necessary to determine that an entity is no longer subject to special measures?
a. As above.
8. Does when a company joined the SIG affect the measures applied to a company?
a. A: no
9. Is the list of entities subject to special measures that defined in doc 11-16/1519r0 at section 4.1 para 5 list items a) and b))? (18 in total)
a. A: Yes
IEEE 802.11 Working Group Chair
Phone: +1 (971) 203-2032
Mobile: +1 (210) 268-6451 (when in USA)