Re: [802SEC] +++30 day EC pseudo-ballot+++ Signs of Dominance document

Adrian-

My problem with your process can be categorized as a general overall comment.

You restored each individual's full voting rights rights as soon as they made a statement renouncing their membership in the cabal.
The alternative would have been to keep them in the single vote "dominance" group for some greater length of time.

The problem with this remedy is that it is a "no lose" scenario for the offender.
There is effectively no penalty for the collusion.
If you get away with it then that is great.
If you get caught then you just renounce it immediately so no big loss.

What is called for in SA procedure is for the group to be reduced to just one vote.
As I recall, it is not specified when that penalty is to be lifted.
If the penalty is held in place too long then it is too draconian
If not held in place long enough then there is no disincentive.

In this case, in my opinion (but then I wasn't in the middle of it at all) it was too much on the side of providing no disincentive for taking another whack at it in the future.

Best regards,

Geoff