Re: [802SEC] a best practices guide on the affiliation disclosure requirements

I am sorry but the term "agreeable position" makes the statement invalid. Again the purpose of 802 is to produce standard by consensus. One builds a consensus by agreeing with others (at some point).  I would assume for most of us our future employment depends greatly on our ability to take (and persuade others to take) an "agreeable position"...and I'm equally sure that whomever wrote that did not mean to preclude the normal process of developing standards, however we are bound by what is written not what was intended.

How do we resolve the conflicts between IEEE policy and the standards development process as practiced? I'm sure most of us share the intent to keep the process open and productive.   Jonathan's slides appear to be repeating what is captured elsewhere in binding policy, so beating up on his slides seems of limited usefulness.

just wondering.