[802SEC] +++ EC 5 Day Review +++ Liaison letters to ITU-T SG15 on Optical Transport Networks & Technology (OTNT) Standardization Workplan

Dear EC members,

At the IEEE 802.3 closing plenary meeting on Thursday 9th November 2017 the IEEE 802.3 Working Group approved sending a liaison letter to ITU SG15 to provide updates to their Optical Transport Networks & Technology (OTNT) Standardization Workplan. To provide the most germane information the letter was drafted with the statement that IEEE Std 802.3bs-2017 and IEEE Std 802.3cc-2017 were approved on 7th December 2017 on the basis that I wouldn't progress the letter unless these approvals actually occurred.

Since these approvals did occur on 7th December 2017 I'm now announcing the start of the five day review required by subclause 8.2.2 'Sponsor subgroup communications with government bodies' of the IEEE 802 LMSC Operations Manual for statements not presented for review in a sponsor meeting. The draft letter is attached, if there is no motion to block made before Tuesday 19th December 2017 23:59 AOE I will go ahead and send the letter.

The Working Group vote to approve this letter was: Y: 95, N 0, A: 3

Best regards,
  David