Re: [802SEC] Result of second sponsor recirculation ballot on P802.11ak

Hello Geoff,

The ballot closed on Monday.
The comment resolution committee is scheduled to meet on Wednesday (tomorrow).
The working group will consider motions to request the EC to forward to RevCom during
the interim session Jan 14-19,  probably Jan 17th.  I will ask Paul for permission to run an EC
ballot with early close to meet the 26 Jan RevCom submission deadline.  If necessary,  I will
ask Paul for permission to pre-submit prior to reaching that approval.   I don't anticipate any
issues with this project as it has proved remarkably free of controversy.

The comment complained that we had not provided a draft redline.  While it is our custom,
and was our intention to provide a redline,  this was overlooked in setting up the recirculation.

We did,  however,  meet the requirements of the SASB OM:
"5.4.3.4 Recirculation ballots
Changes may be made to the proposed standard in response to comments or for other reasons. All
substantive changes made since the last ballot of the proposed standard shall be identified and recirculated
to the Sponsor balloting group.
... "  (my emphasis)

All substantive changes were identified in a comment resolution spreadsheet that accompanied the
ballot package.
I hope this answers your questions.

Best Regards,

Adrian Stephens