Re: [802SEC] Post Nov Plenary Action Items

Regarding Geoff's comment: "I believe that 8802-5 should be stabilized rather than withdrawn."

I don't agree. Our reason for stabilizing 8802-5 was a special case.

We continue to need it as a reference in our standards because the LLC format is used by some of our MACs (actually all of our MACs allow it, AFAIK, even when it isn't the dominant packet type) and we have frames for some protocols that use it. Much of it isn't used, we don't intend to expand or alter it. Stabilizing it was the solution to allow it to remain a reference for the existing usage without continuing maintenance.

That reason doesn't apply to 8802-5 and no other reason has been given. I believe we discussed whether to stabilize 8802-5 at the time we withdrew it and didn't  decide to do so.

Regards,
Pat