[802SEC] Retirement plans

Dear Colleagues,

I’m planning to retire at the end of March so I plan to step down from my Task Group Chair, IEEE 802 Vice Chair and IETF-IEEE 802 Coordination activity Co-chair roles at the end of the March IEEE 802 meeting. In 33 years developing networking standards, I’ve enjoyed working with so many talented and friendly people as well as the opportunity to contribute to technology that has changed the way the world works and communicates.

I’m looking forward to new adventures, but expect that I will also miss meeting with longtime and new friends regularly at IEEE 802 meetings. I plan to continue to participate on the IEEE Registration Authority Committee. Since they meet during the IEEE 802 week at times, I may visit the occasional IEEE 802 plenary, but expect that will be infrequent.

Warm regards,
Pat Thaler