Re: [802SEC] Ombudsman background slide deck

Hi James

I support the idea.  It would give the ombudsman a voice at the table.

Best

Bob

At 02:07 PM 3/5/2018 -0800, James Gilb wrote:
Ben

A non-voting EC member, according to the rules:
 - Is listed in the public and private membership list
 - Is eligible to be on an appeals pool

By tradition, but no rule, a non-voting EC member
 - sits at the EC table during opening and closing sessions
 - gets to comment on motions (when we are pressed for time, comments from the audience are sometimes not taken).
 - gets to attend most Executive sessions (but technically, the EC Chair determines the list and could exclude them).
 - is able to irritate the EC chair by voting when they are not supposed to.

James Gilb