[802SEC] Comments on 802.3 PARs

Dear 802.3

I participated in the 802.11 PAR review and so most of my comments were captured in that document.

However, I wanted to put these comments in separately:

In each of the three PARs, the technical feasibility is asserted at various data rates, but in no location is the reach, range or distance listed. Hence it is impossible to evaluate the technical feasibility of the approach.

Furthermore, the study groups, in developing the PARs, will have discussed and come to consensus on the reach, often documenting this in the project objectives. However, these objectives are not readily available to the EC for review.

While I would prefer the reach to be in the PAR, as a compromise, I think it could fit in the CSD under technical feasibility. For example, it could say "The target length for the connections considered by this project is 100 m"

That way, if there is a change, the WG will simply need to update the CSD.

So by project:
 P802.3cg
- Add connection length target for the standard to the CSD in Technical Feasibility.

P802.3ck
- Add connection length target to the standard to the CSD in Technical Feasibility.
 - Is the PHY copper or optical?  It is not clear in the scope.

P802.3cm
- Add connection length target for the standard to the CSD in Technical Feasibility.