Re: [802SEC] +++ urgent +++ 5 day early close EC Motion+++ #1- Approval of Comments on ACMA consultation with 60 GHz. filling due by 22 February 2019 in Australia.
- To: STDS-802-SEC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
- Subject: Re: [802SEC] +++ urgent +++ 5 day early close EC Motion+++ #1- Approval of Comments on ACMA consultation with 60 GHz. filling due by 22 February 2019 in Australia.
- From: "Law, David" <dlaw@HPE.COM>
- Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2019 22:07:00 +0000
- Accept-language: en-GB, en-US
- Arc-authentication-results: i=1; mx.google.com; spf=pass (google.com: domain of email@example.com designates 126.96.36.199 as permitted sender) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Arc-message-signature: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=google.com; s=arc-20160816; h=mime-version:content-transfer-encoding:content-language :accept-language:in-reply-to:references:message-id:date:thread-index :thread-topic:subject:to:from; bh=j0OrYbeXqSkX40XgtjT8zeXfTS6qaFJoyFwdMDbO5JI=; b=L76m2yaaaoKEC1j20G7SlpHdOUUys+oNx1QrRSdKVrTRvM2q23YyYZgvy8V/4iCtj8 07zZRhSVz7DTpKFJPpA3YlXiZLySmYEx9QwJ6Zjd1XTyuO7V4c7ugihik32d6ROVBLeU A6ZVKROjsjjwvXYmFOLWyYnh9gQxzTup130gDvQpbl4K9oaw48y96ic6bLicIN3I/ZtL hbsbRV5raeWXk2Gnidr/xvkMzlJhjRrWKKIx7Q+N7yfr+QPAf+Bkvs5uNNlbVIslKdgx 51yd3+Wx89+T9Yh7gxGMSebZhu7hKDuI3h+XnN1F6BaJZG/hXGtNRPfblKzqCwxXt5HR KGKQ==
- Arc-seal: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; t=1550268426; cv=none; d=google.com; s=arc-20160816; b=SWfmTVAALbM1Skb3bIiM3FNdkez0HFMZy3cO75KPUrhjqWXxLlIBnNzJ1hGYQgjirs ZKVN/dhzlnZM9Kvj8xqa1Cq5BHnVWpjPuFYMnAhh+IQDybtv/aZgjfTfQix6Jx33UZp8 3FkYVODdbhP6vOB/lCID975kftEXC2shuVoHRHzWDeW/9pCBDWHKbdL6Kl81HXIVqwn8 J6EWFR+VUojkj52/4tSmplOP94XteZ2lCla8FTJ9pXZwsfQ2ZkeiVZ+aXygeWUi6DI5O sjL5seSaUhxG0HuY3z5tU7C9MM7iEp5K1HKVeSrTxkItiyrNnS06CL7Qt81NGl2lQGho xX5g==
- Delivered-to: mhonarc@GROUPER.IEEE.ORG
- Dkim-filter: OpenDKIM Filter v2.11.0 emlpav01.ieee.org x1FM7K2T010057
- In-reply-to: <CAGRKT1mRBsHQ55rE9mdXZ=S0omijaQG9D4U054CMLKNs2dtemail@example.com>
- List-help: <https://listserv.ieee.org/cgi-bin/wa?LIST=STDS-802-SEC>, <mailto:LISTSERV@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG?body=INFO%20STDS-802-SEC>
- List-owner: <mailto:STDS-802-SEC-request@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG>
- List-subscribe: <mailto:STDS-802-SEC-subscribe-request@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG>
- List-unsubscribe: <mailto:STDS-802-SEC-unsubscribe-request@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG>
- References: <CAGRKT1mRBsHQ55rE9mdXZ=S0omijaQG9D4U054CMLKNs2dtfirstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: "Law, David" <dlaw@HPE.COM>
- Sender: ***** IEEE 802 Executive Committee List ***** <STDS-802-SEC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG>
- Thread-index: AQHUxSry72z+lhqMZUmMD7V4Ua5Ag6XhWiMQ
- Thread-topic: [802SEC] +++ urgent +++ 5 day early close EC Motion+++ #1- Approval of Comments on ACMA consultation with 60 GHz. filling due by 22 February 2019 in Australia.
I vote approve.
From: ***** IEEE 802 Executive Committee List ***** [mailto:STDS-802-SEC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG] On Behalf Of Jay Holcomb
Sent: 15 February 2019 12:34
Subject: [802SEC] +++ urgent +++ 5 day early close EC Motion+++ #1- Approval of Comments on ACMA consultation with 60 GHz. filling due by 22 February 2019 in Australia.
Dear EC Members,
I would like to announce the start of an EC ballot to the ACMA Consultation on Proposed updates to class licensing arrangements supporting 5G and other technology innovations, which includes 60 GHz. The deadline for comments is 22 February 2019 in Australia.
Paul has delegated to me to conduct an EC 5 day early close electronic ballot on the motion below. To ensure this motion is decided early enough to allow for the deadline, I'm requesting an 'early close' to this ballot (see below).
This EC motion is per 802 OM 7.2 Procedure for communication with government bodies.
Move to approve the comments in https://mentor.ieee.org/802.18/dcn/19/18-19-0014-05-0000-comments-to-acma-on-proposed-updates-to-class-licensing-arrangements to ACMA’s (Australian Communications and Media Authority) IFC 45/2018 Class licensing updates consultation. With the chair of 802.18 to have editorial privileges and send to the ACMA on or before 20 February 2019 PT.
Approved in the TAG: 5 / 0 / 0
Mover: Jay Holcomb
Seconder: Dorothy Stanley
Start of ballot: 15 February 2019
Close of ballot: 20 February 2019
Reference information, as sent in email on 01 February:
 The proposed variation considers updating and expending 60 GHz arrangements (57-66 GHz) for data communication systems, including 5G. Specifically:
• adding 66-71 GHz frequency band
• updating existing arrangement in 57-66 GHz regarding indoor and outdoor data communication systems.
 adding new arrangements for "All transmitters" in the 57-64 GHz band.
 revising arrangements for underground transmitters in certain bands supporting fixed and mobile services between 70-520 MHz.
 adding support for higher power radiodetermination transmitters i.e. radars operating in the 76-77 GHz frequency band  adding support for ground and wall penetration radar as adjunct to current apparatus licence arrangements (30-12400 MHz)  aligning existing arrangements for ultra-wideband devices with US and European arrangements for generic (indoor and hand-held) devices (3100-3400 MHz and 8500-9000 MHz) and aircraft applications (6000-8500 MHz).
• And further inputs from members:
• Proposed UWB rules look to be positive.
• Supporting the mmWave band expansion, considering both 802.11 and 802.15.3 systems are being implemented and deployed which the expanded 60 GHz band.
• May also want to look at  above to see if there are any negative impacts on the 802.11 and 802.15.3 mmWave based systems.
• For more details see IFC 45/2018 Class licensing updates: Supporting 5G and other technology innovations (18 December 2018, closes 22 February 2019).
• The three documents are on Mentor:
Early close: As required in subclause 4.1.2 'Voting rules' of the IEEE 802 LAN/MAN Standards Committee (LMSC) Operations Manual, this is notice that, to ensure the release is provided in a timely manner, this ballot may close early once sufficient responses are received to clearly decide a matter. Sufficient responses to clearly decide this matter will be based on the required majority for a motion under subclause 7.1.1 'Actions requiring approval by a majority vote' item (h), 'Other motions brought to the floor by members (when deemed in order by the Sponsor Chair)' of the IEEE 802 LAN/MAN Standards Committee (LMSC) Policies and Procedures.
IEEE 802.18 Chair
To unsubscribe from the STDS-802-SEC list, click the following link: https://listserv.ieee.org/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=STDS-802-SEC&A=1
This email is sent from the 802 Executive Committee email reflector. This list is maintained by Listserv.