From: Roger Marks <r.b.marks@ieee.org>
Date: Fri, Feb 15, 2019 at 10:51 AM
Subject: Re: [802SEC] +++ urgent +++ 5 day early close EC Motion+++ #2- Approval of Comments on US DoT Request of Comments on V2X. filling due by 25 February 2019
To: Jay Holcomb <jholcomb@ieee.org>, <stds-802-sec@listserv.ieee.or
Jay,
I vote Approve subject to comments as attached.
Roger

On February 15, 2019 at 6:15:26 AM, Jay Holcomb (jholcomb@ieee.org) wrote:

Dear EC Members,

I would like to announce the start of an EC ballot to the US DoT Request for Comments on V2X.  More specifically; recently, there have been developments in core aspects of the communication technologies that could be associated with V2X. This notice requests comment on how these developments impact both V2X in general and the Department’s role in encouraging the integration of V2X. The deadline for comments is 25 February 2019.

Paul has delegated to me to conduct an EC 5 day early close electronic ballot on the motion below. To ensure this motion is decided early enough to allow for the deadline, I'm requesting an 'early close' to this ballot (see below).

This EC motion is per 802 OM 7.2 Procedure for communication with government bodies.

Motion:

Move to approve the comments in https://mentor.ieee.org/802.18/dcn/19/18-19-0008-06-0000-usdot-v2x-communciations-rfc-ieee-802-comments.docx  to DoT’s request for comments (Docket No. DOT-OST-2018-0210) on V2X communications.  With the chair of 802.18 to have editorial privileges and send to the FCC on or before 24 February 2019.

Approved in the TAG:  5 / 0 / 0

Mover:      Jay Holcomb

Seconder:   Dorothy Stanley

Start of ballot: 15 February 2019

Close of ballot: 20 February 2019

Reference documents, some sent out on 13 January:

SUMMARY: Over the past several years, the Department of Transportation and its operating administrations have engaged in numerous activities related to connected vehicles, including vehicle-to-vehicle (V2V), vehicle-to-infrastructure (V2I), and vehicle-to-pedestrian (V2P) communications, collectively referred to as “V2X” communications. Recently, there have been developments in core aspects of the communication technologies that could be associated with V2X. This notice requests comment on how these developments impact both V2X in general and the Department’s role in encouraging the integration of V2X.

For the full Request for Comments:

• The RFC can be found at www.transportation.gov/v2x

• comments so far: https://www.regulations.gov/docket?D=DOT-OST-2018-0210

• Or in Mentor: https://mentor.ieee.org/802.18/dcn/18/18-18-0166-00-0000-usdot-v2x-communciations-request-for-comments.docx

Early close: As required in subclause 4.1.2 'Voting rules' of the IEEE 802 LAN/MAN Standards Committee (LMSC) Operations Manual, this is notice that, to ensure the release is provided in a timely manner, this ballot may close early once sufficient responses are received to clearly decide a matter. Sufficient responses to clearly decide this matter will be based on the required majority for a motion under subclause 7.1.1 'Actions requiring approval by a majority vote' item (h), 'Other motions brought to the floor by members (when deemed in order by the Sponsor Chair)' of the IEEE 802 LAN/MAN Standards Committee (LMSC) Policies and Procedures.

Regards,

Jay Holcomb

Itron, Inc.

IEEE 802.18 Chair