From: ***** IEEE 802 Executive Committee List ***** <STDS-802-SEC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG> On Behalf Of Geoff Thompson
Sent: Monday, April 08, 2019 12:07 PM
To: STDS-802-SEC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
Subject: Re: 802.22 Revised CSD - For Comments from the EC

*** WARNING ***
EXTERNAL EMAIL -- This message originates from outside our organization.

Apurva-

In reading through the first two criteria

the thing that jumps out at me is how US centric the text is.

It has only minor excursions for non US items

and refers to many items by their local (i.e. within the US) labels with nothing denoting that it is a US term.

Even IF this were to be a standard whose applicability scope was only within the US

(and I do not believe this to be the case)

WE (IEEE-SA and 802) are NOT writing US National (i.e. ANSI track) standards.

We are tasked with operating in and writing standards  for the world-wide market.

Therefore my request would be that you go through the CSD and revise the text to be appropriate for a document coming out (in English of course)

of Geneva or Brussels instead of Omaha.

Regards,

            Geoff