[802SEC] Agenda items for EC web mtg RE 802.22

Hi All-

I think most of you are aware that Paul has been working to consolidate the remaining activity in 802.22, ie the 802.22.3  PAR (Spectrum Characterization and Occupancy Sensing), into 802.15 so the 802.22 group would clear to go into hibernation.

At the wireless interim in Atlanta, the 802.15 WG approved being the recipient organization. Existing 802.22 voting members would become 802.15 voting members. Apurva would become the Chair of the new Task Group subject to confirmation by the 802.15 WG in July. There is synergy as dot 15 completed a recent project in 15.4 relating to tools for spectrum management for improved coexistence and spectrum utilization.  We also have a TVWS PHY for 15.4.

In addition to clearing the way for 802.22 to hibernate, another goal is to expand the participation in this project.  802.15 would be taking this over just as it is ready for SA Ballot and would be undertaking a new Ballot Group invite under 802.15.  Dot15 would also be sourcing members for the CRG. We would be looking for unconditional approval to start the SA Ballot in July.

If there are no objections, Paul, Apurva and I would like to put the following motions on the consent agenda.

Approve moving the 802.22.3 PAR to the 802.15 Working Group
(802.22WG 3,0,1)
Moved: Bob
Second: Apurva

Approve a request to NesCom to change the 802.22.3 PAR number to  802.15.22.3 and change the working group from 802.22 to 802.15 as well as update the contact info as needed.
(802.22WG 3,0,1)
Moved: Bob
Second: Apurva

Please let me (or Paul or Apurva) know if there are any comments or questions

Best

Bob

Bob Heile, Ph.D

Chair, IEEE 802.15 Working Group on Wireless Specialty Networks
Chair IEEE 2030.5 Working Group for Smart Energy Profile 2
Co-Chair IEEE P2030 Task Force 3 on Smartgrid Communications

11 Robert Toner Blvd, Suite 5-301
North Attleboro, MA  02763   USA
Mobile: +1-781-929-4832
email:   bheile@ieee.org