Re: [802SEC] +++ Early Close 10-day EC Motion+++ Approval of comments to DoT on a 5GAA ex parte requesting the FCC to re-configure most all of the U-NII-4 band to cellular V2X, away from the DSRC (802.11p)
- To: STDS-802-SEC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
- Subject: Re: [802SEC] +++ Early Close 10-day EC Motion+++ Approval of comments to DoT on a 5GAA ex parte requesting the FCC to re-configure most all of the U-NII-4 band to cellular V2X, away from the DSRC (802.11p)
- From: "Law, David" <dlaw@HPE.COM>
- Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2019 13:30:40 +0000
- Accept-language: en-GB, en-US
- Arc-authentication-results: i=1; mx.google.com; spf=pass (google.com: domain of firstname.lastname@example.org designates 184.108.40.206 as permitted sender) smtp.mailfrom="email@example.com"
- Arc-message-signature: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=google.com; s=arc-20160816; h=mime-version:content-transfer-encoding:content-language :accept-language:in-reply-to:references:message-id:date:thread-index :thread-topic:subject:to:from; bh=/93U/wYz5WzYlEw/RCFaTc26mR6TC5n1LYlIaW89fws=; b=WMZmuUZhn5eh7P4TAzLDwzQnOoiMIkRXpAmLDjif1m8L4m7KUuCBvdT9gV7G+8wjAF DKb+dLE+whHqRkMzbIpwMGsBI4pcKQDlz1k45fMvuCW0KIFdWFSNwkron272rqpqG62o O92BAaXa5jTlUcE98++iiZqiWOgB2RnOUb21ejdjJfuVos3uNCuR2oR8iq+YNGqvM9PM 7bpzF6s88kWeoikuiupmxOcZQVwegNFuoZni1qQ/XgZnB3XRodggm8ZmTpqZIjb/8Jqc vWetu49YpT2WG6OVzwYo4O7iJa04j0md+HCvQFl3lL8+TdaIJJsgxk6oOw/2UAHJCvWt ayBg==
- Arc-seal: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; t=1561037446; cv=none; d=google.com; s=arc-20160816; b=ns85NDRYLaBt9pBV1nQcrnVtM3Fq8ROFGMNskv96sF1yzYGZPEubgihSYt5OzU0CU5 slHFA2Rq7euLtVZPRWnSXxNa67Cwd92t8c8iS00XBpujyTclwR4gv8c0FAeCKO1Oa4Ne FMWXmEzk4Fvf+LQm7TNhv5OpaLB5Uw6ZSVlI0gv2QWpFGsfbEjJ3+DPSsAr/a0Q3NMux I/Hh3l0zC1UAdIforgMdVeLPMWxa39j+yjue7mmYcDb5IdFGgoAvgqn4dIOq/lQvssuy uaXogiEPf8Rcmp4WWqlVeu7jY2dkRt/QGvXorud/afYdIhDnCsp7fC/Fghwa9HVMKPAf vM1Q==
- Delivered-to: mhonarc@GROUPER.IEEE.ORG
- Dkim-filter: OpenDKIM Filter v2.11.0 emlpav01.ieee.org x5KDVEc5008647
- In-reply-to: <CAGRKT1=W0vu-41heJcJaAbk6=GmWEacMf2D3vB2LUS2eosPBRg@mail.gmail.com>
- List-help: <https://listserv.ieee.org/cgi-bin/wa?LIST=STDS-802-SEC>, <mailto:LISTSERV@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG?body=INFO%20STDS-802-SEC>
- List-owner: <mailto:STDS-802-SEC-request@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG>
- List-subscribe: <mailto:STDS-802-SEC-subscribe-request@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG>
- List-unsubscribe: <mailto:STDS-802-SEC-unsubscribe-request@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG>
- References: <CAGRKT1=BqU36qLVDpCiVg-YQPwa6pjhEAsfPUJ4OnKR6Xq2D2A@mail.gmail.com> <CAGRKT1=W0vu-41heJcJaAbk6=GmWEacMf2D3vB2LUS2eosPBRg@mail.gmail.com>
- Reply-to: "Law, David" <dlaw@HPE.COM>
- Sender: ***** IEEE 802 Executive Committee List ***** <STDS-802-SEC@ieee.org>
- Thread-index: AQHVIR00/+XMEW0MU0iHjCY5sif8o6aiW4aAgAI6yTA=
- Thread-topic: [802SEC] +++ Early Close 10-day EC Motion+++ Approval of comments to DoT on a 5GAA ex parte requesting the FCC to re-configure most all of the U-NII-4 band to cellular V2X, away from the DSRC (802.11p)
I vote approve.
From: ***** IEEE 802 Executive Committee List ***** [mailto:STDS-802-SEC@ieee.org] On Behalf Of Jay Holcomb
Sent: 19 June 2019 04:27
Subject: Re: [802SEC] +++ Early Close 10-day EC Motion+++ Approval of comments to DoT on a 5GAA ex parte requesting the FCC to re-configure most all of the U-NII-4 band to cellular V2X, away from the DSRC (802.11p)
hi LMSC members,
just a reminder on this ballot for the US DoT. i have it closing on saturday and any responses would be appreciated.
From: Jay Holcomb <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: Wed, Jun 12, 2019 at 5:46 AM
Subject: +++ Early Close 10-day EC Motion+++ Approval of comments to DoT on a 5GAA ex parte requesting the FCC to re-configure most all of the U-NII-4 band to cellular V2X, away from the DSRC (802.11p)
Dear LMSC Members,
With this email I would like to announce the start of the second of two LMSC(EC) ballots on a response to the 5GAA’s 05 April 2019 ex parte requesting the FCC to re-configure the U-NII-4, 5.9 GHz band for much less DSRC/802.11p. This one is for the US DoT.
Note: there has been some feedback that the DoT is anxious to see these comments.
Paul has delegated to me to conduct a LMSC(EC) Early Close 10-day electronic ballot on the motion below to approve our 5GAA FCC ex parte response to send to the US DoT. This EC motion is per 802 OM 7.2 Procedure for communication with government bodies.
Motion: Move to approve the response to the US DoT in https://mentor.ieee.org/802.18/dcn/19/18-19-0069-02-0000-5gaa-ex-parte-05apr19-response-ieee-802-to-us-dot.docx to 5GAA’s 05 April 2019 ex parte to the FCC. With the chair of 802.18 to have editorial privileges and send to the FCC under GN 18-357 and ET 13-49.
Approved in the TAG: 6 / 0 / 2 to send to DoT with cover letter
Mover: Jay Holcomb
Seconder: Dorothy Stanley
Start of ballot: 12 June 2019
Close of ballot: 22 June 2019
5GAA’s ex parte on 05april19:
DoT’s Request for Comments earlier this year:
• The RFC can be found at www.transportation.gov/v2x
• comments so far: https://www.regulations.gov/docket?D=DOT-OST-2018-0210
• Or in Mentor: https://mentor.ieee.org/802.18/dcn/18/18-18-0166-00-0000-usdot-v2x-communciations-request-for-comments.docx
Our comments to DoT’s RFC:
5GAA’s original waiver request in November and our comments in January:
FCC proceeding sites overall:
1. 5GAA waiver: GN 18-357:
2. Parent proceeding: ET 13-49:
Early close: As required in subclause 4.1.2 'Voting rules' of the IEEE 802 LAN/MAN Standards Committee (LMSC) Operations Manual, this is notice that, to ensure the release is provided in a timely manner, this ballot may close early once sufficient responses are received to clearly decide a matter. Sufficient responses to clearly decide this matter will be based on the required majority for a motion under subclause 7.1.1 'Actions requiring approval by a majority vote' item (h), 'Other motions brought to the floor by members (when deemed in order by the Sponsor Chair)' of the IEEE 802 LAN/MAN Standards Committee (LMSC) Policies and Procedures.
Liberty Lake (Spokane), WA
IEEE 802.18 Chair
Itron, Liberty Lake (Spokane), WA
To unsubscribe from the STDS-802-SEC list, click the following link: https://listserv.ieee.org/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=STDS-802-SEC&A=1
This email is sent from the 802 Executive Committee email reflector. This list is maintained by Listserv.