From: James P. K. Gilb <Gilb_IEEE@yahoo.com>
Sent: 17 July 2019 11:23
To: John Messenger <jmessenger@advaoptical.com>; STDS-802-SEC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
Subject: Re: [802SEC] PAR Extension Request for P802E under 48-hour rule

External email: [Gilb_IEEE@yahoo.com]

John

I would like to see the following changes to the PAR extension:

1) It is Standards Association ballot, not Sponsor ballot.
2) I don't think it helps any to say why you are not finished.  RevCom simply wants to make sure that you are making progress and have a good chance to finish within the requested extension.
3) From NesCom's point of view, the WG meets 6 times a year.  I know that officially, the interim meetings are not official WG meetings for 802.1, but I would answer that question with a 6.
4) You should have 6 months between Sponsor ballot start and RevCom submission, so I would suggest changing it to July 2020

Editorials
1) It seems some extra cr/lfs have been pasted in instead of allowing the paragraph to flow, likely due to pasting in from another document.
2) "92% Approve. 2 Disapprove votes." are not complete sentences, please change to "The draft has passed Working Group ballot with 92% approval rate."  There is no need to list the number of disapprove voters.  The text "(including votes from other group's participants)" is very likely to elicit NesCom comments ("who are the other groups?" and is not relevant to the vote result.

For number 2), I would suggest the following text:

"The draft has passed Working Group ballot with 92% approval rate. The group expects to complete Working Group balloting by November of 2019 so that Standards Association ballot can begin in January, 2020.  Thus the Working Group needs an extension to finish Standards Association ballot and submit to RevCom."

It seem unlikely that this will be completed by 1 pm, so I will be asking to pull this from the consent agenda.

James Gilb