Re: [802SEC] +++10 day ECM (Early Close)+++ Views on IEEE-SA Copyright Procedures

Roger

I am voting disapprove.

John

From: ***** IEEE 802 Executive Committee List ***** <STDS-802-SEC@ieee.org> On Behalf Of Roger Marks
Sent: Monday, August 19, 2019 4:08 PM
To: STDS-802-SEC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
Subject: [802SEC] +++10 day ECM (Early Close)+++ Views on IEEE-SA Copyright Procedures

Dear LMSC,

The message announces a 10-day LMSC ballot on "Views on IEEE-SA Copyright Procedures." The LMSC Chair has designated to me to conduct this ballot.

•      Motion:  Approve delivery of the document "Draft Views on IEEE-SA Copyright Procedures" <https://mentor.ieee.org/802-ec/dcn/19/ec-19-0141-00-00EC.docx>, granting editorial license to the LMSC Chair.

Moved: Roger Marks

Seconded: Bob Heile

Start of ballot: 2019-08-19

Close of ballot: 2019-08-29 AOE

Information:

(1) This document was discussed at the 802 Task Force of 19 July, with the minutes reporting: "IEEE-SA Copyright Policy presentation reviewed from webinar--Action Item: Roger to lead collection comments from the EC to develop communication and recommended copyright slide set updates endorsed by the 802 EC to the IEEE SASB." It was subsequently discussed at the 802 LMSC meeting of 20 July. The EC membership was solicited for participation, and the resulting ad hoc group generated this draft and the followup plan.

(2) We have been requested to not openly distribute the slide set under review, but I will share it with individual EC members upon request.

(3) This motion is considered urgent because we were informed at the July session that the IEEE-SA copyright procedures may be introduced imminently. Therefore, it is being conducted under the Early Close procedure ("For urgent matters once sufficient response is received to clearly decide a matter, the ballot may be closed early. This allows a decision to be reached in less than 10 days. Ballots where the possibility of an early close exists must be clearly marked accordingly.").

(4) It is my understanding that this motion falls within the category "Other motions brought to the floor by members (when deemed in order by the Sponsor Chair)" and therefore, per P&P 7.7.1, is subject to majority approval.

Cheers,

Roger