[802SEC] 802 Nendica Work Item proposals for comment

Colleagues,

The IEEE 802 “Network Enhancements for the Next Decade” Industry Connections Activity (Nendica), operating in the 802.1 WG, develops its output in a series of Work Items. Nendica has developed procedures for initiating Work Items. Those procedures call for proposals to be circulated for comment to the 802 EC according to the PAR recirculation timeline; i.e., 30 days before an 802 Plenary.

Nendica has completed two new Work Item proposals for consideration in March:

(1) IEEE 802 Nendica Work Item Proposal: Revision of "The Lossless Network for Data Centers"

 https://mentor.ieee.org/802.1/dcn/20/1-20-0002-02-ICne.pptx

(2) IEEE 802 Nendica Work Item Proposal: Network Stream and Flow Interworking

 https://mentor.ieee.org/802.1/dcn/20/1-20-0004-04-ICne.pdf

In accordance with the PAR timeline, please provide me with any comments by the usual deadline of 18:30 on Tuesday 17 March, or earlier if possible. This will provide time for Nendica to review the comments during its two meeting slots in March (Tuesday 19:30 and Thursday 08:00). The decision to open the Work Items will then be addressed in the 802.1 WG Closing Plenary on Thursday.

I will report the outcome as an information item to the EC at the Friday meeting.

Cheers,

Glenn

--

Glenn Parsons