Re: [802SEC] Rules change for pars - options and a call for some urgency

Glenn:

Thanks for the suggestions.  My reason for lumping comment response meeting, and WG approval is to accommodate different WG processes.  Also, I would note that looking at the plenary week process, we typically either provide explicit text changes to the PAR/CSD in the responses, and/or provide revised PAR/CSD documents.  During the plenary week, the WG can still make changes (WG Chair announces the approval status of the documents to the EC), and the WG closing plenaries are much closer to the EC closing meeting.  (Obviously, significant changes risk the EC failing to approve.)

I assume you would similarly allow WG changes when they approve the final documents in the below by e-ballot, or in a meeting.  I know dot 3 would get responses back earlier than the deadline if approving via a 10 day e-ballot.

I’m assuming theses schedules are suggestions to Paul.  The time though is short, and Paul would definitely have to request starting the review process before (and in anticipation of) a rules change that allow the process.  An EC meeting to address the issues could include approval of the necessary rules change, and acceptance of the review process previously completed, and obviously EC consideration of the PARs.

—Bob