[802SEC] IEEE 802.3 Beyond 400Gb/s Ethernet Study Group press release draft

Dear EC members,

In anticipation of the approval of the formation of the IEEE 802.3 Beyond 400Gb/s Ethernet Study Group, I've arranged for the development of a press releases. Since the development of the press release was at the request of the IEEE 802.3 New Ethernet Applications Ad Hoc Chair and myself, I'm seeking EC approval.

While I don't expect to seek approval of the Study Group until the Tuesday 1st December 2020 IEEE 802 EC teleconference (due to the phasing of the upcoming IEEE 802.3 and IEEE 802 EC meetings) I plan to place contingent approval of this press release on the Friday 13th November IEEE 802 EC teleconference agenda. This will give the IEEE-SA time for a final internal review of the press release in time for anticipated approval of the Study Group.

I would therefore like to request your review of the draft IEEE 802.3 Beyond 400Gb/s Ethernet Study Group press release available at <https://mentor.ieee.org/802-ec/dcn/20/ec-20-0223-00-00EC-ieee-802-3-beyond-400gb-s-ethernet-study-group-press-release.pdf> by Monday 9th November 2020 23:59 AOE.

Thanks and best regards,
  David