[802SEC] Implementation of the sanctions for those in arrears on the July 2020 802 plenary fee

All –

Under the rules, the treasurer and the Executive Secretary have responsibility for implementing the registration policy.  The 802 LMSC Ops Manual (5.4) requires that for those in arrears more than 60 days after the end of a session, the following sanctions be implemented:

i. No participation credit will be granted for said session.

ii. Any participation credit acquired before said session toward membership in any IEEE 802 LMSC group is revoked.

iii. Membership in any IEEE 802 LMSC group is terminated.

iv. No participation credit will be granted for attendance at any subsequent IEEE 802 LMSC session until the individual has complied with the registration requirements for all previously attended IEEE 802 LMSC sessions by the start of said subsequent session.

Section 5.4 goes on further to describe that after paying the fee, the individual may re-acquire membership “as required for an individual that had never previously attended an IEEE 802 LMSC session.”

We had previously considered implementing items (i) and (ii) above by resetting the IMAT record; however, consideration recalls that IMAT is the primary record of attendance, and it is NOT the attendance RECORD that we wish to reset, but the attendance CREDIT.  Changing the record could be problematic and leads to mis-documentation of actual attendance of past meetings.

In speaking with the recording secretary for 802.3, I have learned that at least one working group has a viable method for revoking attendance credit without affecting the IMAT database.  Such methods probably vary by working group.  If the WG chairs can have the individual responsible for membership rolls and voting rosters in their working group contact me, it would be helpful in formulating a method to implement the policy across all WGs.

-george

George Zimmerman, Ph.D.

President & Principal

CME Consulting, Inc.