[802SEC] Request from Public Visibility Standing Committee

Title: Request from Public Visibility Standing Committee

All,

At yesterday’s Public Visibility Standing Committee Meeting, the following was requested –

1.      The Public Visibility SC is going to explore updating / modernizing the 802 Front Page in order to explore better promotion of 802 content.  To that end, we request the Chairs of WG / TAG ask their respective groups that any individuals with experience in webpage design who would like to participate contact me.

2.      A new series of free Tech Talks with IEEE Educational Activities has been scheduled for Dec 21 through June 22.  The first one will be on 08 Dec 2021, and is titled, “Next Generation of 802 Networking Standards” which will be presented by Paul Nikolich and James Gilb.  This first video will actually highlight the entire series.  As we have tech talks from various groups within 802, we would like to highly publicize this first tech talk and the series.  Information and registration may be found at https://bit.ly/3q3WXKY.

3.      It has been noted that many of the WG and TAG pages do not highlight the 802 Twitter and Linkedin Logos, and it is not clear if Google Analytics code has been added to all respective pages.  Please review your pages and I can resend the code to anyone needing it.

Regards,

John D’Ambrosia

Chair, IEEE Public Visibility Standing Committee