[802SEC] Hybrid meetings -- lessons learned video by ANSI Organizational Member Forum

Dear EC Members,

I came across an interesting video recording of a virtual meeting held in late 2021 by the ANSI Organizational Member Forum in which leaders of SDOs similar to IEEE 802 LMSC (National Fire Protection Association NFPA, Association for the Advancement of Medical Instrumentation AAMI, American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers ASHRAE and American Society for Testing and Materials International ASTM-Intl) share their experiences and challenges with moving from 100% remote to hybrid meetings.

I found the most interesting part is in the last 15 minutes in which the leaders field questions from the audience.  The challenges they are having are very similar to ours -- what platform to use, the importance of video and audio quality, how manage world wide participation, what criteria to use in moving from 100% to hybrid, how to manage voting, how to manage break outs, should particular meetings stay remote, costs, viable remote/in-person ratios, etc.

If you have 15 minutes to spare, I encourage you to watch the video between the 45 to 60 minute mark.  It should help our mixed-mode best practices and future meeting discussions.

See https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yq0LxR_7Dlg

Regards,

--Paul