[802SEC] FW: RE: Request to submit IEEE P802.3dd to RevCom

Dear EC,  please be aware of the below authorization. Regards, --Paul

-------- Original message --------
From: Paul Nikolich <paul.nikolich@att.net>
Date: 4/19/22 10:10 (GMT-05:00)
To: "Law, David" <dlaw@hpe.com>, "Paul Nikolich <p.nikolich@ieee.org>" <p.nikolich@ieee.org>
Cc: "Adam Healey <adam.healey@broadcom.com>" <adam.healey@broadcom.com>, "George Zimmerman <george@cmephyconsulting.com>" <george@cmephyconsulting.com>
Subject: RE: Request to submit IEEE P802.3dd to RevCom

David,

Approved.

Regards

--Paul

-------- Original message --------
From: "Law, David" <dlaw@hpe.com>
Date: 4/19/22 09:54 (GMT-05:00)
To: "Paul Nikolich <p.nikolich@ieee.org>" <p.nikolich@ieee.org>
Cc: "Adam Healey <adam.healey@broadcom.com>" <adam.healey@broadcom.com>, "George Zimmerman <george@cmephyconsulting.com>" <george@cmephyconsulting.com>
Subject: Request to submit IEEE P802.3dd to RevCom

Hi Paul,

The last paragraph of Clause 12 'Procedure for Conditional Approval to Forward a Draft Standard' of the IEEE 802 Operations manual says that 'Submissions may be forwarded to RevCom without IEEE 802 LMSC Approval or Conditional Approval in order to meet the submittal requirements for the next RevCom meeting, provided that the IEEE 802 LMSC Chair first notifies the IEEE 802 LMSC email reflector that, in the IEEE 802 LMSC Chair's view based on the complete RevCom package, there is a reasonable expectation that the submittal will be approved by the IEEE 802 LMSC before the RevCom meeting. If it becomes apparent that approval will not be completed, the submittal shall be withdrawn from the RevCom agenda as early as possible.'.

Based on this provision I am requesting your approval as the IEEE 802 LMSC Chair to submit IEEE P802.3dd Power over Data Lines of Single Pair Ethernet (Maintenance #17) draft D3.1 to RevCom in time for the 14 June 2022 RevCom meeting submittal deadline of 6 May 2022.

Since the RevCom submittal of IEEE P802.3dd hasn't received IEEE 802.3 approval I expect a motion to approve this at the IEEE 802.3 Interim meeting taking place on Thursday 27 May 2022. Assuming that passes I'll make a motion to approve RevCom submittal at the IEEE 802 EC teleconference on Tuesday 7 June 2022.

The full submittal package is attached in <RevCom_submittal_802.3dd.zip>, the 1 unresolved comment from the remaining disapprove voter is attached in <Comments_unsatisfied_802p3dd_D3p0_ID.pdf>.

Thanks and best regards,
   David