[802SEC] +++ EC Motion+++ Approval of submission for UAE TDRA’s consultation “TDRA Regulations for Ultra Wide Band and Short Range Devices”

Dear EC members,

[APOLOGIZE - I should have opened the ballot earlier today.  I suffered a medical emergency in Madrid on Monday and I am still slowing recovering, which leads to this unintentional delay.]

With this email I would like to announce the start of a LMSC ballot on a comment submission to UAE TDRA’s consultation “TDRA Regulations for Ultra Wide Band and Short Range Devices”.

Paul has delegated to me to conduct a LMSC (EC) 10-day electronic ballot on the motion below to approve the comments to the administration.  This EC motion is per IEEE 802 OM 7.2.1 Procedure, P&P 7.1 b) (majority response) and P&P 7.1.2 (2/3 approval of votes cast) for communication with government bodies and public statements.  With that we would like to see everyone respond.

Move to approve document https://mentor.ieee.org/802.18/dcn/23/18-23-0067-06-0000-proposed-response-to-uae-tdra-consultation-on-uwb-and-srd.pdf for submission to the UAE TDRA’s consultation before the contribution deadline, with editorial license granted to the 802.18 chair.
Mover:     Edward Au
Seconder:  Clint Powell

Start of ballot: 27 June 2023
Close of ballot: 6 July 2023