Re: [802SEC] Definitions for IEEE 802 Network and IEEE 802 Family of standards

James-

I don't see any reason to change:
IEEE 802® network: A network consisting of one or more interconnected
networks each using a medium access control (MAC) protocol specified in
an IEEE 802 standard.

(Even though I can see some flaws in it, e.g. a Dot3 network with a proprietary PHY and media.)
Geoff Thompson