[802SEC] IEEE 802 LMSC Chair Position, March 2024

All

The current IEEE 802 LMSC Chair, Paul Nikolich, has stated that he is not running for re-election in March 2024.

At our opening session today, I announced that I am going to stand for election as the IEEE 802 LMSC Chair, the term of which would commence after the closing of the March 2024 plenary.(1)

Paul has requested that individuals who would like to run for Chair or be considered for the appointed positions should contact him to get information about the positions.

If elected IEEE 802 LMSC Chair, I will have a slate of appointed positions. So I would like anyone considering an appointed position to contact me as well.

Note that anyone can run for IEEE 802 LMSC Chair and this announcement in no way should be seen as preventing other individuals from running for election as IEEE 802 LMSC Chair at the March 2024 plenary.

Thanks.

James Gilb

(1) The Standards Committee Chair is elected by the Working Group Chairs and Technical Advisory Group Chairs who are Voting Members of the Standards Committee and is confirmed by appointment of the Computer Society Vice President, Standards Activities.